Left 4 Dead video tutorial shows you how to create a survival gametype.
Setting up all the necessary entities and in part 2, I cover nav_meshes for survival map.
1. Name your map as l4d_sv_yournamemap. Save it.
2. Insert the following entities.
3. Duplicate info_survivor_position 3 more times. You should have 4 total.
4. Double click on info survivor position and name your survivors accordingly. Such as Zoey, Bill, Francis and Louis.
5. Insert a prop_static to act as a button. In our case it will be a radio.
Under world model in prop_static window find hamradio.mdl by typing into the filter option.
6. Create a brush with nodraw texture over the radio.
Select the brush and press CNTRL+T to tie it into an entity.
Select func_button as the entity class.
7. Double click on the new func_button and go to output tabs.
My Output Named: onPressed
Target Entity Named: director
Via this Output: Panic Event
Fire Once Only: Checked
7. Create two more entities.
My Output Named: onMapSpawn
Target Entity Named: survival
Via this Output: command
With a parameter override: mp_gamemode survival
8. Name your map as l4d_sv_yournamemap. Save it.
All content on this website is copyrighted ©2008-2021 World of Level Design LLC by Alex Galuzin. All rights reserved.
Duplication and distribution is illegal and strictly prohibited.
World of Level Design LLC is an independent company. World of Level Design website, its tutorials and products are not endorsed, sponsored or approved by any mentioned companies on this website in any way. All content is based on my own personal experimentation, experience and opinion. World of Level Design™ and 11 Day Level Design™ are trademarks of Alex Galuzin.
Template powered by w3.css