Left 4 Dead video tutorial shows you how to create breakable walls in Hammer Source.
L4D Mapping: Creating Breakable Walls - Video Tutorial
1. Creating breakable wall in Left 4 Dead requires two things.
One: prop_static that is a model of a broken through wall
Two: a brush tied to an entity as func_breakable
2. Position the prop_static breakwall inside a brush to hide it.
3. Turn a brush into a func_breakable by pressing Ctrl+T and assign func_breakable.
In the properites set it the material property and breakable by (infected, tank, everyone)
4. Create infodecal to add variety to the broken wall.
5. Infodecal Properties:
6. Duplicate the infodecal to the other side of the func_breakable entity and change the texture to overlay/brokenwall_mirror
My Output Named: OnBreakder func_breakable properties set the following Outputs:
My Output Named: OnBreak
Target Entity Named: breakwall_decal
Via this Output: Activate
7.Position the infodecals to line up the outside of the walls that line up func_breakable
8. In game test. Point at the wall and type: ent_fire !picker break
9. Rebuild the nav_meshes and spend some time to blend the wall into the environment properly.
All content on this website is copyrighted ©2008-2019 World of Level Design LLC by Alex Galuzin. All rights reserved.
Duplication and distribution is illegal and strictly prohibited.
World of Level Design LLC is an independent company. World of Level Design website, its tutorials and products are not endorsed, sponsored or approved by any mentioned companies on this website in any way. All content is based on my own personal experimentation, experience and opinion. World of Level Design™ and 11 Day Level Design™ are trademarks of Alex Galuzin.
Template powered by w3.css